DigiCad 3D’s Dynamic Attachment Feature
DigiCad 3D's Dynamic Attachment FeatureDynamic Attachment feature allows you to view both the digitized drawing and the straightened drawing on screen at the same time. This means that if you're digitizing a photo of a building facade, for example, you can view the straightened elevation while you work. The feature is dynamic because the corrected elevation is updated in real time as you draw. You can also move the attach points and see the result immediately. This gives you total control while you work and more flexibility. The Dynamic Attachment feature is also used to transform pictures and to eliminate perspective distortion.
How to eliminate perspective distortion from a building photo
- Import a photo
- Set scale and unit of measure
- Set the four origin attach points on the photo. The bottom-left point first, the top-left point second, after the top-right and the bottom-right. The Attach points are represented with red markers on the screen.
- Open the Destination Attach points dialog from the Trasnfrom menu
- Insert the real coordinates correspondent to the Destination Attach points. The reference system isn't important, it's sufficient that all the coordinates are in the same reference system (ex. the left corner of the building and the ground line). The Destination Attach points are represented with blue markers on the screen.
- Select the picture
- Choose Transform Picture from the Transform menu
- Choose resolution, number of colors and Opaque or Transparent option
- Click the Ok button